Chicken breast grilled
- The nutrients in chicken depend on the exact cut (the part of the animal the meat is from).
- The dark meat is found in active muscles such as the legs or thighs.
- Chicken is a good source of lean protein.
- Chicken contains all nine of the essential amino acids, making it a complete protein.
- Chicken is an excellent source of creatine, anserine, and carnosine.
- Chicken provides niacin, selenium, vitamin B6, riboflavin, and potassium.
- Chicken is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron.
- Skinless cuts have fewer calories and less fat than those with the skin on.
- Chicken is easily digested by the human body because it's low in collagen.
- Frozen chicken meat should be thawed in the refrigerator rather than at room temperature.
- Chicken breasts are the leanest parts of the bird.
- Chicken breasts are a great source of the essential nutrient choline.