Whole wheat bread,facts
Whole wheat bread 100%
- Including whole wheat bread in the diet is an easy way to increase the daily intake of whole grains.
- Whole wheat bread comes in many different types and names, but it is not always easy to identify by its color or name alone.
- Brown bread often derives its color from molasses rather than whole wheat.
- Bread types such as wheat, seven-grain, multigrain and honey wheat may contain whole grains, but they might not be made with whole wheat grain.
- Whole wheat bread should be "100 percent whole wheat".
- Whole wheat bread is a rich source of fiber and minerals and is low in cholesterol.
- Whole wheat bread is a good source of iron, magnesium and selenium.
- Whole wheat bread is not gluten-free.