Chicken eggs omelette
- People have been making omelets since ancient times. The Romans sweetened theirs with honey for a dish called “ovemele“.
- Eggs are high in protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Eggs are excellent sources of essential vitamins and minerals – calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, sodium, niacin and riboflavin.
- Eggs are a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin A and vitamin D.
- Egg allergy can occur mostly in children and is caused by the immune system incorrectly identifying some of the proteins in eggs as harmful.
- Eggs should be stored in the refrigerator.